Tuesday, August 28, 2007

5 Tips men of every size should know when buying a suit..
















The 5 tips every tall man should know:
1. Lighter colors add width to a narrow frame.
2. A two-button suit works great on a tall ma- as long as the suit has relatively high-cut lapels.
3.Just because you are tall doesn't mean you need an extra long suit size. Try on a long first.
4.Keep the amount of cuff you show to a minimum.
5.Ask for a decent amount of break in your trousers, so your long legs don't look too long.
Don'ts
>Don't buy suits with oversize,paddes shoulders, they swallow you up, making you look frailer, not bigger.
>Don't wear extra slim ties. You need ties with a bit of width so you won't appear to elongate your torso.
The 5 tips every short man should know.
1. Be honest to yourself. Admit you're short and buy short lenght suits.
2. A pant leg with very little break will make you look taller.
3. Show some cuff to lenghten the look of your arms.
4.A peak lapel helps to enlongate your phsique.
5.A lower button stance creates long lines, and that essentially stretches you out.
Don'ts
> Don't wear a longer suit jacket. it just makes your legs look shorter.
> Don't wear fat ties and wide lapels, keep it slim.
I'll continue next time with the 5 tips every athletic and large man should know when buying a suit. The pictures are that of male models on the Linanycouture line, they will be featured on this blog either from a photoshoot or runway. They are dressed in the men's line from Sarar that are prototypes on the men's high end line. Keep it sexy .....

2 comments:

Naijadude said...

Question though: I am tall and skinny and I love my body fitting clothes, which I was hoping I'd do with suits as well. Not so much luck for me whenever I go shopping because of my long hands, but my question is.... What kind of suits can I buy to give me that perfect slim fitting shape, like the guy in GQ, you know? ;)
Sales associate are annoying, they always make me buy what they think looks "good" on me ....arrrgghhhh

My 2 cents said...

@Naijadude,

Hi handsome, you are a prototype for prada models, long and trim. it can't be hard shopping or buying cause you are the same size as my models who are 6'3 and above and lean.

You might just need alterations on your suits and definitely used a thin tie, defines your carriage and gait.

I will be blogging on that next so come back, you can email me for free consultation. linanycouture@gmail.com. Thx for stopping by and be well.